Here’s a list of resources for families local to the Seacoast area. For resources in Cambridge, MA, see this post. Please share any suggestions for local resources that have benefited you in your pregnancy or postpartum!
Some General Favorite Resources…
- DONA Postpartum Plan Worksheet (PDF)
- ThredUP, an online marketplace for high quality used women’s and babies/toddlers/kids clothes
- The Tummy Team, online physical therapy for core and pelvic floor rehab
- Meal Train organizing calendar for family and friend support
Postpartum Care & Groups
- GLOW Yoga and Wellness Studio, various prenatal and postpartum wellness workshops in York, Maine, (207) 641-7353
- Mother to Mother Postpartum Group (Free), Families First, Porstmouth, NH, (603) 422-8208.
- Exeter Hospital in Exeter NH offers classes in infant massage and newborn behavior, (603) 580-6668.
- Great Bay Doulas offers postpartum doula support, workshops, and gatherings for expectant and postpartum families in Hampton Falls, NH
- Seacoast Birth Matters in Kittery, ME offers a variety of prenatal and postpartum groups.
- Search Facebook for local parenting and interest groups. Some of these will offer opportunities for in-person meetings.
- La Leche League of Maine and New Hampshire
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital breastfeeding support group, Wednesday 10:00-12:00, (888) 421-1080.
- Wendy Jordan, IBCLC, (603) 531-3628.
- Lip and tongue tie release, Kid Care Dental, Stoughton, MA
- Tongue Tie Babies Support Group (online)
Postpartum Exercise and Yoga
- The Tummy Team, online physical therapy for core and pelvic floor rehab.
- Darcy Sauers, Postpartum doula, lactation consultant, and yoga instructor.
- Childlight Yoga, Dover, NH, mother and infant classes.
- YogaLife Institute, Exeter, NH, prenatal and postpartum classes.
- GLOW Yoga and Wellness Studio in York, ME.
- Marisa McCutchen, LCMHC, Barrington, NH. (603) 534-2558.
- Postpartum Support International, free call in groups for mothers and fathers,
- The Online PPD Support Group
Cesarean & VBAC
- International Cesarean Action Network (ICAN) of the Seacoast, (800) 686-4226 Ext. 185, Check website for meeting schedule
Loss & Grieving